Mailing List

Sign up for email updates from Hot Corner Harbor any time there's a new post!

    Friday, July 8, 2011

    Quick Update: Retired Numbers Series

    Okay, I’ve been mentioning an upcoming series of articles for the last week or two. I haven’t forgotten it, I’ve just been struggling to start it. I finally decided this would be the best way to introduce it: a brief introduction.

    I’ve always been fascinated by retired numbers. I don’t really know why; maybe it has to do with a team acknowledging its past. It has led me to reading up on players I might not have known otherwise. Maybe it’s some combination of these. But, whatever the cause may be, I have decided to analyze each team’s retired numbers.

    Right now, my plan is to write several articles and see where they take me, so I’m not positive when the first piece will go up. As of this moment, I’ll be looking at the quality of players each team has retired numbers for, their ties to the team, potential future retired numbers, and where each team ranks in relation to the league.

    Check back Monday or Tuesday next week; hopefully, part one will be up then.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment