Mailing List

Sign up for email updates from Hot Corner Harbor any time there's a new post!

    Friday, October 12, 2012

    2012 Baseball Bloggers Alliance Awards Ballot

    The Baseball Bloggers Alliance deadline for voting in the 2012 Awards is today. So, I'm going to post my ballot today to get the vote in, then explain my reasoning later in the season.

    I've been busy lately, so I would just like to take this time to say: Go Orioles and Cardinals!*



    Stan Musial Award (MVP)ALNL
    1Mike Trout, AngelsBuster Posey, Giants
    2Miguel Cabrera, TigersAndrew McCutchen, Pirates
    3Robinson Cano, YankeesRyan Braun, Brewers
    4Adrian Beltre, RangersYadier Molina, Cardinals
    5Justin Verlander, TigersChase Headley, Padres
    6Ben Zobrist, RaysDavid Wright, Mets
    7Felix Hernandez, MarinersAramis Ramirez, Brewers
    8Alex Gordon, RoyalsAaron Hill, Diamondbacks
    9Joe Mauer, TwinsJason Heyward, Braves
    10David Price, RaysMichael Bourn, Braves
    Walter Johnson Award (Cy Young)ALNL
    1Justin Verlander, TigersRA Dickey, Mets
    2Felix Hernandez, MarinersClayton Kershaw, Dodgers
    3David Price, RaysGio Gonzalez, Nationals
    4Chris Sale, White SoxJohnny Cueto, Reds
    5CC Sabathia, YankeesCliff Lee, Phillies
    Willie Mays Award (Rookie of the Year)ALNL
    1Mike Trout, AngelsBryce Harper, Nationals
    2Yu Darvish, RangersWade Miley, Diamondbacks
    3Yoenis Cespedes, AthleticsYasmani Grandal, Padres
    Goose Gossage Award (Reliever of the Year)ALNL
    1Fernando Rodney, RaysCraig Kimbrel, Braves
    2Jim Johnson, OriolesAroldis Chapman, Reds
    3Joe Nathan, RangersJonathan Papelbon, Phillies
    Connie Mack Award (Manager of the Year)ALNL
    1Buck Showalter, OriolesDavey Johnson, Nationals
    2Bob Melvin, AthleticsDusty Baker, Reds
    3Joe Maddon, RaysFredi Gonzalez, Braves

    *I suppose I won't be too angry if the Nationals win. I can get behind them-they're a great story, and a first-time pennant winner is always nice. Not happening for the Yankees, though.

    ** Apologies for the table weirdness  I had an urge to dust off my HTML skills, though, and I think it made my voting marginally clearer.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment